E-mail Configuration on Outlook 2011
1. Open Outlook 2011.
• If this is your first time using Outlook 2011, you’ll see a welcome banner.
• If you are adding another email account to Outlook, from the top menu, click on Tools. Then click on Accounts.
2. Click on the Email Account icon.
This window is where you enter your email information.
4.Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
• Enter your full email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the Email address: field.
• Select POP3 or IMAP. We recommend IMAP. Learn more about the difference here.
• Enter domain.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server: field.
• Enter domain.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field. To avoid common authentication issues with Outlook, we strongly advise using SSL and port 465 for SMTP connections.
• Enter your full email address, email@example.com, in the User Name field.
• Enter your email password in the Password: field.
If you experience any difficulty with the default outgoing SMTP Port 25, you can check the box Override default port and enter 587. We also strongly recommend using SMTP and port 465 with Outlook.
5.Next, we’ll configure your Outgoing server settings. Click on the More Options… button. For Authentication, select Use Incoming Server Info. To avoid common authentication issues with Outlook, we strongly advise using SSL and port 465 for SMTP connections.
6.Click OK to save your settings.