E-mail Configuration on Outlook 2007
1. Open Outlook 2007
2. Select Internet E-mail option and click Next.
3. Fill in the following fields:
• Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
• Enter your full email address email@example.com in the Email address: field.
• Select POP3 or IMAP. Learn more about the difference here.
• Enter domain.com in the “Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server:” field.
• Enter domain.com in the “Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:” field.
• Enter your username firstname.lastname@example.org in the “Account name:” field.
• Enter your email password in the Password: field.
4. Perform the following steps:
• Click on More Settings…
• Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
• Check My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.
• Make sure Use same setting as my incoming mail server is also checked.
• Click on OK.
5. Click the Test Account Settings button and you should see all items with green check marks… Click the Close Button to close the test window. Click OK to save your settings.
6. Congratulations. You have finished the setup of your email account. Click Finish to close the setup wizard.
If you are still having issues sending email, you can try the following:
1. Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts.
2. Highlight the email account and click Change.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and change the SMTP port to the alternate port of 587 then click on OK.