Using your Webmail
Your Grid comes with webmail access for all domains that are hosting your email. This is a convenient tool when traveling or to troubleshoot an error with your favorite mail program.
You can login using the following URLs:
Be sure to login with your full username such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Introduction to the interface
The Webmail’s interface is intuitively designed. We hope you just start using it! Here are some tips in maneuvering about the application.
1.The folder list (1)
The menu at the left hand side of the screen shows all the mail folders in your email account.
You will always find the first five as follows:
You can also create additional folders. Any folder name in bold will have a number in parentheses denoting the number of unread email(s).
2.The action bar (2)
This part of the screen contains a number of icons that allow you to perform different actions, depending on what is being shown in the main part of the window (4). In this example, the 7 icons have the following functions, from left to right:
- New: Creates a new email message, contact or calendar event.
- Get Mail: Checks for new messages in the current folder.
- Reply: Creates a new message in reply to the currently selected one; it will be addressed to the sender of the selected message only.
- Reply All: Similar to “Reply” but the reply will also be sent to all of its recipients. This makes sense if the message was sent to a group of people and you want all of them to receive your answer.
- Forward: Forwards the currently selected message to another person.
- Spam: Marks the current message as spam.
- Delete: Delete the currently selected message(s), that is, move them to Trash.
3.The application bar (3)
The three icons at the top of the screen give you access to different applications which are part of the Webmail. This includes the mail component that you have just viewed. In addition to that, there is Contacts, Calendar, and Settings. Finally, the Sign Out button terminates your mail session.
TIP: You should always logout after using the Webmail to make sure that nobody else using the same computer will be able to access your emails or send messages from your account.
4. The message list (4)
This part of the screen displays the list of all messages in the folder.
- To view a message, double-click on it. If you’re in a three-pane view, just tick the box and it will appear on the right.
- You can also select a message by clicking on it once and then perform some action on it using one of the buttons in the action bar, e.g. Reply.
- You can select more than one message by holding the Ctrl/Cmd key and then clicking on a number of messages in succession. To select a range of messages, select the first message, hold the Shift key and then click on the last message you want to select.
- Finally, you can also drag-and-drop messages to another folder. Just select them and drag them over to one of the folders in the folder list to the left by holding the mouse button. This also provides another way of deleting messages — just drag them into the Trash folder.
Compose & send email
1. From the top right side, click on New and select New Email.
2. Compose your message by completing the form.
3. Click the Send Email button to send your message.
Create a new folder
1. Click on the + (plus sign).
2. The new folder appears with the default folder name. Enter your desired folder name and press enter on your keyboard.
3. You are immediately taken to your new folder.
Create a contact
1. Click on the Contacts icon at the top of the window.
2. To add a new contact, click the New Contact button.
3. Enter your contact’s information in the appropriate fields. You can add optional information using the “More Information” menu.
4. Click the Save Contact button to save the contact to the selected address-book.
Adding a picture to a contact
1. Click the silhouette icon by the contact’s First Name field to open a file selection dialog window.
2. Browse your computer for the picture you want to add, then click the OK button.
3. Click on the Save Contact button to save your changes.
Create a calendar event
1. Click on the Calendar icon from the top menu.
2. Select the time/date by double-clicking on the schedule in the right pane. Your event will be created, just enter the details.
3. Click the Save button to save your event.
The new event will be created in the calendar that’s currently highlighted in the left pane. The schedule in the right pane displays events from all calendars whose check-box is ticked.