E-mail Configuration on Thunderbird
1. Launch Thunderbird.
2. From the top menu, choose File > New > Mail Account:
This will open a new window where you enter your email information.
Make sure the “Remember password” box is checked to avoid having to re-enter your password.
3. Thunderbird will attempt to find your incoming and outgoing mail server information. Thunderbird should automatically configure your account for you. If not, proceed to the next section.
Manually configure Thunderbird
If you experience difficulty with automatic setup, follow these instructions to manually configure Thunderbird.
1. Click on Stop.
2. Next, click on Manual Setup to enter the correct account information.
3. This opens a new window for your server settings. If it’s not already selected, click on Server Settings. We will use this page to setup your incoming mail server. For Server Name, type in your “domain.com“. Under Security Settings, choose SSL/TSL for Connection security. Also, make sure your User Name is your full email address.
Confirm your settings with this example.
4. Now, let’s move on to your Outgoing Server (SMTP) settings. Choose the outgoing server which Thunderbird created for this account, and click on the Edit… button.
5. For Connection security, select SSL/TLS. Under Security and Authentication, make sure that Authentication method is Normal password. Your User Name should be the full email address.
Again, the “email access domain” of “ domain.com” is used as an example; please use your unique email access domain here.
Now, go ahead and click OK to return to the main settings page. Then click OK again to return to Thunderbird’s main window.
6. Next, click on Get Mail from the top menu.