Email Configuration on Outlook 2010
1. Open Outlook 2010.
2. Click File, then Add Account.
3. Next, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, then click Next.
4. In this screen, choose Internet E-mail, then click Next.
5. This window is where you enter your email information
• Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
• Enter your full email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the Email address: field.
• Select POP3 or IMAP. Learn more about the differences here.
• Enter domain.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server: field.
• Enter domain.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field. To avoid common authentication issues with Outlook, we strongly advise using SSL and port 465 for SMTP connections.
• Enter your full email address, email@example.com, in the User Name field.
• Enter your email password in the Password: field.
6. Perform the following steps:
• Click on More Settings…
• Click on the Outgoing Server tab. Check My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication. Make sureUse same setting as my incoming mail server is also checked. Click on OK.
7. Click the Test Account Settings button and you should see all items with green check marks… Click the Close Button to close the test window.
Click OK to save your settings.
Congratulations. You have finished the setup of your email account. Click Finish to close the setup wizard.